Sunday, September 20, 2009

My 'Kill Bill' Fountain

Remember the scene in Kill Bill Volume I, where Lucy Liu's character is duking it out with Uma Thurman's character in a snowy garden? If you have the chance to see the movie again, listen and watch for the gentle plunk-plunk of a bamboo fountain. I was obsessed with that thing, had to have one of my own. It took some online searching to find one for purchase, but find it I did, and now I have one emptying into a blue-green Vietnamese pot. There are always a couple of frogs living in and near the fountain, and my two cats like the fresh, moving water. The motion and plunk-plunk sound supposedly deter the deer, but my ravaged hostas say otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. Does it produce the same sound as the fountain in Kill Bill? If so, could you let me know where I might be able to purchase one? :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes--it sure does. A gentle clunk-clunk. I found it online. They're sometimes referred to as deer chaser fountains: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035DMUYI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000E8USS2&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0XB74G0DQ07GDET477CE

    ReplyDelete